Friday, April 4, 2008

First thoughts on host family and Seattle by Sese


When our trip to Seattle began we were told that it’s only for 3 week and it looks like it is going to be hard for us to leave when the trip comes to the end. Seattle is so beautiful and has wonderful places to visit and interesting people to talk to.

My first impression on my first day was how big and beautiful the houses are and how everybody was so nice and kind. My first day out was at the waterfront where there are beautiful displays of different artists in Seattle and I got to see the space needle.
I took a lot of picture with the students that I went out with.

I was also impressed by how my host family went to pick me up at the airport and brought me flowers. I enjoyed staying with them because they were so kind and loving to me. When I came to Seattle I thought I was going to be uncomfortable staying with another family with people that I don’t know very well, but it turned out to be fun when I got to know more about them and they got to know more about me.


It felt like I was at home with my real family and I was enjoying my time with Zoe (the hosts' daughter).

When I was told that I was going to go with her to school I got so excited and wanted to see her friends and meet new people. The name of the school is Lakeside and I was so blown away when I heard that all students in Lakeside carry laptops to school. Where I come from if a student would carry a laptop to school he/she would be so cool.


I’m so ready to go Garfield high because I hear that its one of the coolest schools in Seattle!

No comments: